A Challenge: Getting Clearer on the Need for Revolution—Breaking With Wrong Ideas and Illusions
In response to a challenge posed on the pages of revcom.us, a number of people wrote responses to an excerpt from the interview with Ardea Skybreak, “SCIENCE AND REVOLUTION On the Importance of Science and the Application of Science to Society, the New Synthesis of Communism and the Leadership of Bob Avakian.” The excerpt is entitled, “Getting Clearer on the Need for Revolution–Breaking With Wrong Ideas and Illusions.” These responses show the difference it can make throughout society as Avakian’s work is increasingly known and engaged everywhere, as people dig into how Avakian understands what is at the heart of the problems confronting humanity in the system at the root of this, when they discover the solution, and the hopeful vision for a radically different and better world on a scientific foundation — this can make a major difference in the world. As Skybreak herself says, “We’ve seen it before, we’ve seen it in previous periods of revolutionary upsurge. The people get better. The people get smarter. The people get more lofty. They dream bigger, and they act in accordance with these bigger dreams. It’s a beautiful sight. And that’s a lot of what BA is actually giving us the tools to accomplish.”
- “What does this world right now need more than anything? COMMUNISTS! Genuine communists that are followers of Bob Avakian!”
- Going from Conspiracy Theories and Religion to Scientifically Understanding the REAL Problem that Humanity Faces
- Breaking with Old Ways of Thinking…Getting into the Revolutionary Process
- What is YOUR life going to be about? Carve a little bit of happiness for yourself out of this cancerous system or live to liberate all of humanity?
- “There can be no communist revolution without communists. This is a plain fact that I see clearly today.”
- Breaking with “Self” in a Culture of “Me, Me, Me” Individualism